Guides - Measuring Blinds
How To Measure for Blinds
These measuring instructions apply to all types of blinds.
- For accurate measurements always use a metal tape measure.
- Take measurements in millimetres.
- Choose whether you want your blind to fit inside the recess of your window or hang outside the recess overlapping the window.
- Always specify the width first, followed by the drop.
Blinds hanging inside the window recess
- Measure the width of the window recess in three places as shown below.
- Measure the drop by taking the measurement from the top of the recess to the window sill in three places, as shown below.
- Use the smallest measurement.
- We will make all adjustments to ensure your blind fits perfectly.
Measuring to hang inside a recess
Blinds hanging outside the window recess
- Measure the exact area you would like the blind to cover as shown below.
- To minimise light leakage we recommend the blind overlaps by at least 50mm each side.
Measuring to hang outside a window recess